1. Please review the Sales Policy and complete the Pig Adoption Form.In addition, send an e-mail to Jill@SquealsonWheels and let us know you would like to receive the Teacup Pig Newsletter which will include updates on new litters. There is no obligation.
2. Either own your home or have a letter of permission from your landlord to keep your piggy with you.
3. Check your local laws and ordinances, HOA's, CCR's to ensure pigs are accepted as pets and not livestock.
4. Fenced yard is preferable since pigs need both sun and exercise.
5. If a fenced yard is not available, it is important that they are taken for daily walks - sun and exercise are key to ensuring your pig's happiness, good attitude and behavior.
6. Have a sand box/small plastic water pool for those hot days!
7. If there are other pets in the home, it is important they are gentle with other animals. Pigs will never be the aggressor, but they will defend themselves if attacked.
8. Pigs need a strong bond and lots of interaction with people. They require care more like a small child than like a small animal.
It is very important you have the time to train, enjoy, and appreciate your house pet pig - they will love you forever and be your loyal friend.
9. Pigs do not appreciate being left alone because they are highly social and love interaction with people. If there is no one home during the day, they will bond with other animals if you have a dog or other animal at home.