Miles from River Rd and Falls Rd Intersection
0-40 Miles Away = $1 per mile round trip
Over 40 Miles Away = Contact us
Pick it up and bring it back yourself there is no mileage fee! (it fits in most mini-vans/pick-up trucks). This way you get to pick out the rental coop and hens of your choice!
The Delivery Fee covers Drop off and Pick up
---What You Receive---
- 2 Hand Raised Hens that lay an average of 1 egg per day or that are 8 weeks-5 months old so you can raise them yourself!
- Hand crafted and painted Chicken Coop
- Water and feed bowls
- Enough feed and bedding for the rental period
- RentACoop Feed and Care Information pamphlet
- A fun and educational experience!!
---About The Coop---
-Hand built and painted in Montgomery County, MD
- Water and feed bowls are re-used milk jugs
- Two 8 inch wheels for easy relocation
- Coop Dimensions L78"XH38"W38"
- - -Pricing- - -
4 Week Care Program = $160
Additional 4 weeks = $110
Rental Periods Begin in the 1st week of each month
Purchase W/O Renting = $485 (Comes with Coop + 2 Egg Laying Hens + Enough Feed for approximately 1 month)
Q-Are chickens easy to take care of?
A- Chickens are about as easy to take care as goldfish.
Q-What if I decide to keep the coop when my rental period is complete?
A- 50% of the rental fee can be used towards the purchase of coop. Simply pay the remainder and the Feed, Coop and Chickies are yours to love.
---Cool Chicken Facts---
- Chickens never over-eat
- It takes a hen 24-26 hours to lay an egg
- Hens live an average of 5-7 years, and can live up to 20 years.
Rent A Coop provides Chicken Coops for Sale/Rent to the Maryland, Northern Virginia and D.C. areas
This service is provided by Squeals On Wheels Plus.
Feel free to call (301)765-0270 or email Jill@SquealsonWheels.us with any chicken questions!
Easily fits in your mini-van!!
Wire along bottom for complete protection against fox and raccoons while still allowing chickens to scratch at the ground!
Keep the experience...Recycle the coop
"It's so much fun watching our 5 year-old daughter walk to the backyard every day to collect eggs in that cute basket that came with the coop! Is there anything more enjoyable? Thanks!"
Ellie, Bethesda, MD
Our goal is to get chickens into every backyard,
fresh eggs into every fridge,
and offer children the responsibility to feed,
clean, & care for pet hens